Swedish Massage – Relaxation & Stress Management:
The main purpose of Swedish massage is RELAXATION! The term itself refers to a variety of techniques specifically designed to relax muscles by applying pressure to them against deeper muscles and bones, and rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart.
The benefits of Swedish massage are:
- It feels good! And is relaxing and invigorating.
- It stimulates your nerves, muscles, glands, and circulation, while promoting health and well-being.
- It increases circulation without increasing heart load.
- It stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable.
- Recovery time is shortened from muscular strain by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes.
- It fulfills your need for a caring and nurturing touch
- It reduces both emotional and physical stress giving you a feeling of general wellbeing.
Swedish Massage also stimulates the skin and nervous system, soothing the nerves themselves at the same time. By calming the nervous system it relaxes, focuses and clears your mind leaving you feeling centered & balanced. Swedish Massage is recommended in a regular program for stress management.