Lymphatic Drainage Massage:
Many people are initially surprised at how different this form of massage is with better-known forms of massage. It combines gentle pressure with soft pumping movements in the direction of the lymph nodes in the body; the pressure is much lighter than in other forms of massage and all the movements are carried out very slowly.
When you have a lymphatic drainage massage you don’t just feel relaxed but cleansed. And not cleansed in a colonic irrigation kind of way, but a feeling of looseness, free of stagnation!
When the lymphatic system works properly, our body is able to drain fluid, filter out toxins, regenerate tissue and help maintain a healthy immune system. When it doesn’t the body soon begins to let you know!
Lymphatic drainage massage assists the body in moving Lymph fluid into the functioning Lymphatic system. Unlike the Circulatory system the Lymph system does not have a pump to move fluid around the body. It relies on muscular movement and contraction. If you exercise on a regular basis or are an active person then you probably have a fairly healthy Lymphatic system. But a massage and particularly a deep tissue massage will move more fluid than you can on your own.
People who receive regular massage tend to have fewer colds and flus!
You can benefit if you:
- Have had a mastectomy and have had your axillary lymph nodes removed during the surgery
- Feel that your system is sluggish
- Seem to get regular colds and flu’s
- Lead sedentary lifestyle
- Want to reduce puffiness or swelling
It is often recommended by doctors for those who have had some form of surgery. Lymphatic drainage massage is often the only safe and non-invasive therapy that can move the lymph through the body.
Benefits of Facial Lymphatic Drainage
- Supports the flushing of toxins from the body
- Helps drain the sinuses, relieving sinus pressure from allergies and colds
- Reduces fluid retention in the face, which can define the jawline and slim the entire face
- Can help shorten the duration of a cold
- Reduces swelling of many organs
- Regeneration of tissue from scars and burns
- Relief of conditions such as acne, eczema, sinusitis, and allergies
- Relief of chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Aids in the clearing of cellulite
- Clearing up respiratory congestion (e.g. catarrh)
- Enhancing energy (relieving tiredness or fatigue)
- To enhance detoxification and purifying the body;
Lymphatic Drainage Massage has also been used to treat the following:
- Thyroid problems
- Kidney problems
- Heart and circulatory problems
Medical permission should be sought before being treated should you have any of these conditions.