Without using too much terminology or getting too complex, Acupuncture Therapy is the Science and Art of healing. It originated in China over 5,000 years ago and has been used over the Millennia to successfully treat a whole gamut of disease.
Acupuncture Therapy offers the following benefits:
- Holistic approach to illness linking body, mind & emotions
- Effectively treats many common ailments
- Treats the cause as well as the symptoms
- Drug-free pain relief
- Assist prevention against disease
The basic idea is that energy (known as chi) flows through our bodies along pathways. (Similar to how blood flows through arteries & veins). The pathways are referred to as meridians and these meridians were mapped out by the ancient Chinese all those years ago.
Traditional Chinese Medicine suggests that in order to maintain optimal health it is essential for the body’s energy, as well as the blood, to circulate in a continuous and unobstructed manner. Problems arise when a blockage occurs. (Which makes sense if you consider the fact that a lot of pain and disease is also accompanied by, or has, associated swelling, inflammation or a growth in some cases).
So the aim of Acupuncture Therapy is to establish the state in which the body can heal itelf. This is done by stimulating certain areas along the meridians (known as acupuncture points) with tiny sterile disposable needles so that the quality & quantity of energy and fluids can be “normalized”.
- By treating specific disorders to provide relief of symptoms and reduce complications. It is used to treat the cause of the disorder and reduce the likelihood of its recurrence.
- Through maintenance treatment of a long term problem. This is to provide a more comfortable state of health and reduce the need for medication and surgery.
- As an effective preventative medicine, Chinese Medicine detects and treats energy imbalances before they lead to disease. The earlier a disorder is detected the better. Regular checkups are recommended.
What to expect from treatment:
The Traditional Chinese Medicine considers you as a complex combination of body, mind and emotion. So in the first instance we will need to create a complete picture of you. We will ask you details of your medical, surgical and family history; your current occupation, exercise and dietary habits. We will also conduct a general physical examination and the tongue and pulse will be studied. Acupuncture treats the cause of the symptoms as well as the effect so it is necessary to gather as much information as possible. Your treatment plan will then be determined accordingly.
The first reaction is usually an improvement in your general health. You may notice an improvement in sleep, digestion and energy levels. Some people notice improvements immediately while others notice a gradual overall sense of well-being. Most people who have experienced treatment would agree that the method can be most beneficial and is also a very relaxing therapy.
At Pinpoint Health Centre we may also use Massage, Moxibustion or Suction cups to warm the area & enhance the treatment.
If you would like to make an appointment please
call us on 07 3899 6911 or
email us email@example.com